Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Whatever Wednesday!

This post needs a subtitle. "Whatever Wednesday" just won't cut it.
Let's call this... "The Saga of the Rogue Tooth, Snowpocalypse and A Weigh In". Settle in, dear readers. This one might be long. ;)

It's been a dramatic week...not just Monday through today. Like LAST Monday through today. And I don't think it's over yet. This whole Tooth Saga really started in 2009. Ryan's wisdom teeth started coming in and they were bugging him. We got the x-rays, met with an oral surgeon, set the surgery date, and then...we both lost our jobs. And our benefits. So, we canceled the surgery. Well, the pain subsided so, we thought maybe they just grew in straight and they'll be fine. Fast forward to about 2 weeks ago...Ryan started complaining that his teeth hurt, which quickly turned into one particular tooth. He showed me and I could see half a wisdom tooth, but it looked okay. Boy did that change fast. Within a few days it was red and inflamed. And it only went downhill. He couldn't eat, he couldn't sleep and then Monday morning he woke up and the whole left side of his face was SO swollen. He looked like a boxer who'd lost a fight. One of my best friends called her Mom, who works at a dentist, and got Ryan in immediately.  The report? Ryan's bottom, left wisdom tooth was partially exposed, partially impacted and super abscessed/infected. Ew. SO the race was on to find an oral surgeon who could fit Ryan in ASAP.

The problem? Enter part 2 of my crazy title...I give you, Snowpocalypse. Really, it was ice, but Icepocalypse doesn't have quite the same ring to it. So, Monday night we got some serious winter weather. Temps plummeted to well below freezing and DFW was coated with a thick layer of solid ice. The problem? Almost the entire metroplex shut down...including all the oral surgeons. Ryan was getting worse...the tooth infection was starting to make him sick...and I was starting to panic a little lot. So, being the good little wife that I am, I started leaving messages. And just as I was contemplating using the "page the doctor in the case of an emergency" option, one of the doctors called me back. He was SO nice, understanding and accommodating. The best part...Ryan is getting his tooth pulled TOMORROW!!

And for the last part of the title...Since I ended that story with good news, let's keep the trend going! It's also Weigh-in Wednesday...and I lost 3 lbs this week for a total of 13 lbs down!! Woo-hoo! It's so rewarding to see the pay-off on the scale. :)



Photobucket

2 comments:

Karen said...

I'm so glad Ryan is finally getting that taken care of! His facebook posts were killing me thinking about the pain.

Andddd go you Rachel! 13 pounds is awesome! :) Keep it up girl!

Chelsea said...

So, so glad that Ryan is getting his tooth fixed in spite of "Snowpocalypse." This has just been crazy.
AND - congratulations! 13 lbs?!? Woohoo!