Thursday, February 10, 2011

Asian Beef Lettuce Wraps

This blog is going to be pretty short and sweet. American Idol comes on soon, and you all know how that takes over my life. BUT, I did want to share this recipe with you. I adapted it from a recipe I'd seen in Cooking Light. It turned out really good, even though Ryan opted to not eat his in the lettuce. (He's changed...just not THAT much.)

 Asian Beef Lettuce Wraps

Filling:
1 lb ground sirloin (sub for turkey if you’d rather)
3 cloves minced garlic
1/2 an onion, chopped
1 red bell pepper, julienned
1/2 cup cucumber, chopped
1/2 cup matchstick or julienned carrots

Sauce:
1/4 cup lime juice
2 tsp low sodium soy sauce
2 tsp sugar
A 1 inch strip of Sriracha, or to taste   

8-10 leaves of Boston lettuce

In a large pan, heat a bit of olive oil, add onions and garlic. Once translucent, add meat. Cook through. Add in red pepper and cucumber. Cook for 5-7 minutes until slightly wilted.

In the meantime, whisk together lime juice, soy sauce, sugar and Sriracha until sugar is dissolved and set aside.

Add carrots and toss in sauce.







This made about 8 lettuce wraps (or tortilla wraps for Ryan) of filling and calculated out to about 3 Weight Watchers Points per wrap! I will definitely be making this again. 

Enjoy!


Photobucket

3 comments:

Kristin said...

Those look awesome! I made a recipe out of a Martha Stewart book once and it was only so-so. In other words, disappointing. I will totally try out your version, it sounds yummy. :)

Elaina said...

Yum! And 3 points a pop, not too bad! Are you doing the old WW points, or the new points plus??

Rachel♥ said...

I am using the new points, but I can't imagine it would vary much more than a point either way.