Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Taco Soup!

One of my favorite things that Ryan makes is Taco Soup. Last week, he gave me the sacred recipe. Shame on him...cause now, it's going public. ;)

Ryan's Taco Soup

1lb ground beef or ground turkey
1 can corn
1 can black or kidney beans, rinsed
1 can diced tomatoes
1 can beef broth
1 taco seasoning packet
1 ranch seasoning packet
1 can beer (any kind. if you don't consume alcohol, use O'Douls)
1 Tbsp minced garlic
3 Tbsp butter
1/2 a small onion, minced
4-6 Tbsp salsa
Cayenne to taste
Cilantro to taste

Cook and drain meat in a large soup pot. After draining meat, melt butter in pot, add garlic and onion and cook until tender. Add meat back in and stir. Add corn with 1/2 the juice from the can, beans, diced tomatoes, 1/2 the beef broth, beer, ranch and taco packets, and salsa. Stir well and let simmer. Add the rest of the beef broth as needed to get to your ideal soup consistency. Add chopped cilantro and cayenne to taste. Simmer for at least 30 minutes. Top with cheese, sour cream, cilantro, etc.

It's a real crowd pleaser!! Enjoy!! :)

2 comments:

Mindy Reed said...

I just made this and it is truly amazing. The only things I did different was I used I cant believe its not butter light and I added fresh spinach. Good job Ryan! Love it!

Rachel♥ said...

I'm so glad you liked it Mindy!! I may have to try it with spinach sometime!