Thursday, September 9, 2010

Whatever Wednesday!

So, I’m late this week with my Whatever Wednesday post. In fact, I am thinking about changing this whole thing over to Forgetful Friday! ;) But truthfully, I blame the holiday on Monday. It has thrown my week off…in a good way. I could have sworn yesterday was Tuesday, but pleasantly to my surprise today is miraculously THURSDAY!

I still don’t have much to report. The past few weekends have been busy helping my Mom get her house ready to sell and during the week I generally come straight home from work (except the nights I babysit). But, I am okay with the “boring” routine.

I will do a quick Locks of Love update! It’s really getting long now, though I still have at least 4 inches to go before the big cut! I am getting excited. As much as I love my long hair, I am ready for much less hair to care for and fix every day. Here is a picture of my progress:



This week’s recipe is by request. We made BBQ Pizza this weekend, and I posted a picture on my Facebook which resulted in several comments and messages asking for the recipe. There isn’t really a “recipe” so to speak, but here is it anyway!

Ryan’s BBQ Pizza

Boboli thin pizza crust (We may make our own next time, which we’ve done before. We used Boboli for the sake of time.)
Beef brisket, flank or skirt steak (You can substitute chicken or pork, too)
Mozzarella cheese (we buy hunks of it and shred ourselves for freshness/creaminess – is that a word? Oh well.)
Your favorite BBQ sauce

Seriously, this could not be easier. Season the beef with seasoning of your choice (we use Stubb’s Rub) and slow cook it on the grill for 3-4 of hours on LOW HEAT. Once a crust has formed on one side, flip it and coat that side with BBQ sauce. Repeat until meat is done. Shred the cooked beef and set aside. Cover the pizza crust almost to the edge with BBQ sauce. Not too much or your crust can get soggy - that is key! Top it with mozzarella, then the beef, then a little more cheese. You can cook it in the oven until the cheese is melted, or do what we prefer – put the pizza on the grill (still LOW HEAT) until the cheese is melted. It makes the crust so crispy and gives it a nice, smoky flavor. (For added smoky flavor, Ryan makes a little bowl out of foil and puts hickory chips with a little water in it, then puts that in the corner of the grill.) Once it’s cooked, drizzle with a little more BBQ sauce and enjoy!




Photobucket

No comments: