Wednesday, April 8, 2009

My Latest Obsession

You may remember, Ryan got me a Nintendo DS for Christmas, along with a few games. [Brain Age, Personal Chef Cooking and Tetris.] Those are my favorite kind of games...the thinking ones. Recently, a new game called Professor Layton and The Curious Village came out. [Recently, as in...like a week ago.] I told Ryan that I really wanted it, thinking my birthday is in a few months.

Ok, so on Sunday, Ryan took off with out telling me while I was busy cleaning, packing and doing laundry. I was pissed. He finally came home and after about 30 minutes on the couch with him looking at me and me giving him dirty looks ;) he said "I need you to drive me to Radio Shack. I'm low on gas." Of course I sharply replied "Well, why don't you just go GET gas." After a few minutes of back and forth I gave in.

I get into my car and what do I see?! Professor Layton and The Curious Village staring at me!!!! He found it on sale since it just came out and bought it for me!!!! [He also moved my XM to a more suitable place in my car!] I couldn't believe it!!! So - he is out of town for work this week, which means I've had some good quality time with the Professor. This game is SO much fun!! It's a 9 chapter mystery and you have to solve all these riddles and puzzles along the way to crack the case. This game was made for me.

Here's the premise : "In the curious village of St. Mystere, townsfolk greet each other with riddles, lock their doors with sliding puzzles, and hide their secrets within brainteasers. When a wealthy baron passes away, his will reveals an elusive treasure hidden someplace inside the village. Now it's up to Professor Layton to untangle St. Mystere's riddles and puzzles, find the hidden treasure, and crack the case."


Thanks Hubster!!!! And if you have DS - at least RENT this game!!!

xoxo

No comments: