Thursday, January 13, 2011

15 Days - 8 Lbs

It’s been 15 days since my “Day of Reckoning”. (I’m totally stealing that forever, Mandy.) For the past 15 days I’ve carefully watched what I eat, have been drinking much more water than I used to, and have been more active. And in 15 days, I’ve lost 8 lbs.

I started back on Weight Watchers on 1/3. They have a new Points system and so far, it’s really working for me. The first couple of days are always tough and my body kind of went into shock/detox mode but after a week it worked itself out, and let me just say…I feel really good. Better than I have in a while. I know - it’s only been 15 days. But I really think…maybe that’s all it takes? I'm not tired all the time, which I imagine will only improve the more weight I lose, and that's a big deal. 15 days ago, I'd be in bed by 9:30 and when the alarm would go off at 6, getting out of bed was a struggle, and then by 3pm I'd be dead tired. This week, I haven't gone to bed before 10:30 a single time, most nights it’s been 11, and I get up at 6 with no problem...and I don't have a 3pm slump. It's so crazy how just two weeks can make such a drastic change on the inside. Of course, I'm really ready to start seeing it on the outside too!

I want to thank everyone again for the undying support. This 8 lbs was so much easier because of it…and I know the next [enter an obscenely large number here] lbs will be easier because of it, too.


Photobucket

No comments: