Thursday, March 18, 2010

A Birthday During Basketball Season

My Mom's 29th and holding [for the 27th time] birthday was March 9th. I totally failed to dedicate a blog post to her that day. Consider me ashamed, Mom. BUT, I thought this was as good a time as any, since I finally got around to pulling the pictures off my camera.

So, my Mom LOVES college basketball. University of Kentucky basketball to be exact. She was raised in Louisville, KY and is a 2x grad of UK [bachelor and masters]. In Kentucky, college basketball rules all. In my house growing up, UK basketball ruled all, much to my father's chagrin, since he went to IU. My Mom carefully molded Frankie & I into Wildcat fans. I will admit, Frankie follows more than I do, but I still love my 'Cats.

Moving on...so, my Mom's birthday is in March. In fact, it falls extremely close to one of her favorite times of year. March Madness. So, this year, since Kentucky has had such an incredible season, I decided it was fitting to theme her birthday around that. We celebrated on March 7th, which was strategically chosen for two reasons; one - there was a UK game on, two - I needed free time on the weekend to help my talented friend Jennye create a Kentucky basketball cake masterpiece.

It was a total surprise to my wonderful Mom and she absolutely loved it.


Here are two shots of the AMAZING cake:




Mom's adorable reaction when she opened her eyes to see the cake


I can hear her saying "You guys, this is so cute!"


She is going to kill be for posting these because she "didn't fix her hair", haha.


So, I know it's a week+ late but - HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU MOM!!!! :)

1 comment:

Mariah said...

Aww, your mom is so cute! What an awesome birthday cake!