Monday, March 16, 2009

Case of the Mondays

Yup. I've got a bad case of the Mondays.

I don't feel 100% . Pretty sure it's just allergies. It really makes me hate Spring.

I don't like to start the week with negative emails from the boss first thing. Starts my week on a sour note.

And the biggest one...Today marks the 6 year "anniversary" of one of my best friend's death. Emett Bolin was killed in a motorcycle accident 3/16/03...exactly one month and two days before his 20th birthday. I hate calling it an "anniversary" but, that is what it is. I am trying really hard not to be sad but I've been fighting back the tears on and off today. I am trying to celebrate the 19 years he did get. But, maybe it's because it was sudden and he was so young...I can't help but still feel sad. He was an only child, and his Mom passed away from cancer one year ago January...so really, the sadness I feel is probably thinking about his amazing dad, Tom.
This is my favorite picture of Emett & I. Probably shouldn't have posted this...might cry now. [Deep breaths, right Mom?] But, I never want to forget his face. I am blessed that Ryan knew him too, in fact Ryan was the only guy Emett ever thought was good enough for me, because he [kind of] understands what a special friend he was. Like my big brother...that kind of friend. RIP Emett..."I know you're smiling. I know you're singing. and I know that you're in a better place where angel's wings caress you but, I still miss you." 4/18/1983-3/16/2003

After work, I plan to hit the couch and not move until I hit the bed. The day is 1/2 over. I just need the strength to make it through the other 1/2.

Sorry for being such a Negative Nancy. It's just one of those days.
xoxo

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm sorry. I can't imagine how hard this day must be for you.